A bigger brain.
Additional feet and legs.
I could tie shoes, teach letter sound awareness, clean toilets, give the dogs their Interceptor and still unload the dishwasher. I could remember to pick up toothpaste and dental floss at the 5 Below store I was just in today instead of the Giant I won't be in until the weekend.
- put away the clothes still stacked on our bureau.
- make room inside the drawers so we wouldn't have to stack in the first place.
- call my mom, my dad, my brothers, my aunt, my Otter (I miss you too, K!), my friends.
- practice guitar chords.
- plan a menu for the week on a Sunday, not panic on a Wedensday.
- walk the dogs around the neighborhood, not the cul-de-sac.
- make that dentist appointment for that root canal I've been putting off since 2010.
- try yoga.
- write instead of post.
- teach Abby the alphabet.
- teach Grayson how to ride his bike without training wheels.
- read anything other than headlines.
I know this yet I still cannot slow down my brain. Like there is a FJ Cruiser (Tonka blue) at the end of this never ending To Do list.
No new car. Not even a clean kitchen.
How do you pull in the reins of a stuttering, adrenalized, oh-so-pushy brain?
Or is it Domestica wearing her skull cap rowing to the next island for the vote off ceremony?
Maybe an organizer.
There is new Staples down the street.
I should at least stop there to smell the Sharpies.