Friday, October 2, 2009

Feathered Boa

Today I think is a good day to get pumpkins!

It will be a small detour away from our usual pit stops and chores and I'm looking forward to that. It's about that for us in this house. It's about the one outlier "to do"act that becomes a beacon for the hum and the drum of the day. Of course, we love a routine and the little ones appreciate knowing what's next but Mommy needs to add that feathered boa to her afternoon or else it's just pretty much one adult, two dependents, and a mopey canine getting ourselves to 7pm. Is it like that in your house too? What will be your feathered boa today?



















(picture compliments of my sex-ay girlfriend, marni who never reads my blog so will never know i posted this picture...heehheeee.)

6 comments:

pajama mom said...

ha! what boa? i can't stop looking at the boots. i. need. those.

OSMA said...

BIG smile here. I love those boots too. We had to pry them off of her, believe you me!!!

Tracy G said...

We sure did have fun, didn't we!?!?!

In reference to your 12 on, 12 on post, you need a "play date", for ADULTS that is. Get a sitter. You're so close to so many willing, trust-worthy friends & family members. Maybe a night out with the hubby or a girls night or a couples night out. It'll less than an hour before you start missing your little attachments! Mommies need alone/adult time too!

Erin, you are an AMAZING mom!!! Don't beat yourself up about a bad day or a few grouchy hours! This happens to ALL parents! Even those who go to work 40+ hours a week.

I hope if I get the opportunity, I can be 1/2 as great as you are! Then I'll know I've done well for my kids!!!

Love ya girl! Big hugs!

OSMA said...

t, you're right about the sitter...working on that as we speak. thank you for your words and it's not always this frustrating but there are days when you feel it worse than others. yesterday just happened to be one of those days. but you are SO right about taking time away from the family unit...just girls, alone, or w/other adults. has to happen, must must must!

Cristie Ritz King, M. Ed said...

I nominated you for an award momma. Go read about it today!

OSMA said...

ritz! i read your blog before i saw this comment and my stomach dropped. thank you!!! i've never been nominated for anything so this is very exciting to say the least. thank you and i'm gonna go back and read what to do now. and can i nominate you back since i totally stalk you and pjmom daily? rules schmules if i can't.