Monday, August 30, 2010

Home is Where the Wine is














Hi.

We're back from Ithaca, New York. My heart however? Still there.

Remember how it took one week to recover from NYC? I'm afraid I'm going to need grief therapy and rehab to get through missing its vineyard counterpart, upstate NY.

Blissdom 2010 is all I can say. I hope to find more words and more time to spew them here tomorrow. Until then, I give you my favorite photos out of the 388 taken over the course of six days. There's probably a rehab for that too. Only I'd never show.














Meet Cab & Ries, some new friends of mine.















And the kayaking triplets won me over with their quiet confidence and lack of conversational prowess.















It rained a lot. I and these pretty lake stones couldn't have been happier about that.















Pop & Grayson. Two peas in different sized leisure chair pods.















The threat of the Finger Lake perch, trout, bluegill, and S'more.

































"Uncle" Kenny in the background kayak. A gentle spirit with an amazing ability to lure the biggest fish in the lake all while kicking his feet up in a small boat.















Uncle Pete sweetly traded some fishing time with storytime.




















(Aunt Jen & Chili Dog don't need words.)














Apparently neither did I after a few of these...sensing a theme?





















Pretty in Pink





















Elvis lip in Green





















Nam & Abby at the park














Daddy walking tall with the kids.





















Abby's game for all of it.




















Grayson made a new friend who also loved a good spider web.















Back home at the cabin, my other girl and I spend some quality time in the rain.















And we mustn't forget all the toad hunting at night.















It was a week we'll cherish forever.





















It was a week I'll relish in always.

I love New York.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this <3

JRitz said...

Amazing pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time.

Cristie said...

Careful momma, these pictures show a little boy who looks mighty grown up.
New York clearly loves you too.

pajama mom said...

great pics!

OSMA said...

anonymous, jritz, crk, & pj - next year we should all rent the cabin together. or a string of campers. or a mess of suites at the hyatt. :)