Monday, August 9, 2010

To Sum it Up, I Can't.

Been sitting here staring at this empty screen at 11:32pm on Monday long enough for me to realize I still need time to think about what the hell just happened at BlogHer. There is no wrap up or summarizing or even last word because faces, voices, perfumes, cute shoes, and thousands of neon NYC images keep buzzing behind my eyes like fireflies dipped in Red Bull. This is the best kind of hallucination one can have without a debilitating hangover. New York was exactly right in every way. And my experience there was just like the city itself: alive, frenetic, confident, heated, dirty, angry, bi-polar, sweet, palpable, brazen, grungy, soothing and forward all at the same time.

I am going to need a minute to collect myself.

And pray my children take really long naps tomorrow so I can share this mental pirate trove. There's a lot.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I just brain-dumped. It's a million words long. xo

Crystal D said...

I still can't put it in words. I'm 99.9% sure I am only going to post pictures.
It was everything you said and ended up being the most perfect experience thanks to my roomies. I am still on a NYC high.

OSMA said...

jess & crystal - brain dumping or only posting pics is kind of the only way to do this. feast or famine, i'm finding it hard to do anything in between!