Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Belated Thank You

It's been on my mind all last week to formally thank the beautiful people who made it possible for me to leave my kids for a few days without worry, anxiety, and 900 phone calls home. If it weren't for Nammy & Pop keeping the kids so happy, healthy, and thoroughly entertained for the week, I would not have enjoyed myself as much I did. So I thank you, Nam & Pop from the bottom of my happy heart. Thank you for giving me the gift of distance and rejuvenation. Because of you I can saddle up for another few months before needing to come up for air again. Or maybe I'll have another "conference" pop up in a few weeks that is of the utmost importance and urgency. And head's up, it might require me to stay locked in my bedroom with a box of wine (classy), 15 copies of In Style magazines, two Book Club novels, and old fashioned headphones that shut out the world and let in the Joshua Radin.

Much love,
Your Not Too Proud to Beg Daughter-in-Law





















With an evening that ends in marshmallows, who can lose?














This pic of Pop just kills me. I love the entire scene all the way from Nam's disapproving glance to Sadie's inability to be more than 2 centimeters away from her Daddy. And yes, Pop totally crushed that log of wood in less than two strokes. It was genius and a tad bit frightening.

3 comments:

pajama mom said...

grandparents ROCK!!!!!

Cristie Ritz King, M. Ed said...

Hilarious picture! little kids and axes-always a good combo in my book.
Also, Joshua Radin is ever so dreamy.

OSMA said...

pj - grandparents DO rock, every single last one of them.

crk - joshua's voice is the choc. to my milk. ever so dreamy, you said it.