Sunday, August 1, 2010

NYC Bound

So this little suburban mouse is about to go Big City hamster. I'm attending the big BlogHer Conference this year with a few Progressive Parties thrown in and I'll be honest with you, I have no idea what to expect. I blindly and naively signed myself up, whole hog, a few months back with passion, vigor , & enthusiasm of a new graduate. Now that it's a few days away I'm a shrinking dandelion who is overwhelmed with the schedule she created for herself. Especially since two nights involve staying awake and public well after 8pm, otherwise recognized as my unpublic pumpkin hour. BUTTT (and it's a big one helped along by Oreo Cakesters and all of Abby's rejected peanut butter crackers), I couldn't be more excited to attend this galactic affair and dig my ballet flats into what's in store for us fair bloggettas. And really, what could be so scary about imbibing in cocktails, dancing to real salsa music, and relaxing in a lounge with like-minded moms, dads, blogger enthusiasts in general? For someone who can't remember "hard" words like 'WordPress' and 'participatory' in the presence of people who aren't the pool lifeguards (love those Bulgarians) or my mom (hi, Mom!), it's a stretch. Well that and the intimidating idea that I may have to move my hips (instead of park a toddler on one) since my rhythm has a new gray streak and crow's feet. Other than that? It all sounds exhilarating.

Plus, I will have two very lovely and beautifully hilarious roommates for three nights and four days. It's college dorm girl giddiness all over again. Are you kidding me? Three full nights and four glorious days without my baggage, I mean amazing life that is my children, husband, dishes, bathtub grunge, dog, fish, laundry, sticky handprints on anything clean? That is the real attraction. (More on this to follow.) Yes, I will miss my family very much. No, I won't miss out on an opportunity to make memories that I will cherish and will certainly relive in writing on this blog.

So, in between and betwixt, I will jump online whenever feasible to update here on my NYC Blogging Conference shenanigans. Now, because I just wrote the word, "shenanigans" I have lost any allure to win you back and I will no doubt return to only crickets.

In that case, I will update for the crickets but entice the rest of you with definite Flickr slide shows of a post8pm me with cocktails aplenty.

Be back soon!
Let the embarrassment begin.

3 comments:

Crystal D said...

I have gathered all my supplies, including a bottle of wine we can use to gain confidence before we go join the masses. I have pulled out my suitcase and arranged all my clothing in a row at the front of my closet. I have started a schedule for the 2 days and I have printed off my party passes. I have purchased travel size toiletries and I have a check list of power supply cords. I can't wait to hop on that train Thursday morning. See you then!!!
(squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

OSMA said...

crystal - the wine: liquid courage never hurts.

clothing: i've never shopped so much for party clothes in my life. not even counting those blurry years.

schedule: me too only mine in scribbled in green ink on the back of something i already misplaced.

party passes: crap, forgot that one.

travel size toiletries and power supply cords: i will stand next to you often in hopes that osmosis isn't just for water.

thurs.: teeheeeeeee!!!

pajama mom said...

please steal me some hotel shampoo.