Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Preamble

Please forgive my inability to update yesterday and probably not much today either. I have been having a hard time extracting myself from one little girl who thinks she can actually live inside my skin. She is keeping me close and I am loving it. Feeling overwhelmed and wanting space but am eating up the Mommy attention while it lasts. Grayson has a different tactic altogether. He is full of compliments, 30 second snuggling, and I love yous but he is physically more independent. My big boy suddenly seems even bigger and more mature. Leaving for six days was a blast but the homecoming has been just as sweet.

Which means for now, between Abby's raspberries on my legs and Grayson's pleas for playing a madeup Bakugan Spy Sunglasses game, I can cheat with this blogging shortcut. Here are a few bullets on my time at the BlogHer Conference with a vow to you that I will elaborate as soon as this house and its inhabitants allow. So without much more grappling, I give you...

My New York Preamble:

  • arriving in hotel CLUELESS while managing to rock violently suitcase, bulky new box of tennis shoes and bag-o-blinking tutu into every passerby possible (nothing like making a great impression on 2,500 new people)
  • meeting very funny Canadian who does not blog
  • getting sick very first night while out on coffee date with brother
  • "running" 5k (in that blinky tutu) at 6:30 am next morning
  • enjoying lovely afternoon w/cold soup and roommate (new sisterfriend)
  • tagging along with other lovely roommate to book signing in swanky bar with light up tables
  • chatty in-between times in hotel room
  • hanging out at Museum of Modern Art for grand afternoon w/fabulous new friend
  • walking down 6th street at night, armed with Nikon in search of Magnolia cupcakes
  • attending late night parties while realizing mute button still gets pressed involuntarily around groups of strangers numbering more than 2
  • befriending really cool UK lady (w/whom I hope to keep in touch)
  • so much more. so very much more
In light of yesterday's naptime never really happening, I am planning on updating this evening during dinner. Because writing about red velvet cake and vichyssoise is way better than consuming either.

2 comments:

pajama mom said...

welcome home,
glad you found the
cupcakes!

OSMA said...

welcome back yourself, pj. yes, cupcakes were a must and i figured out why quickly. i would go back to mid-town on their merit alone. :)