Friday, August 14, 2009

Confession

So I haven't been completely honest with you guys. There has been a noticeable lackluster in postings lately because I am preoccupied with something. Preoccupied with someone really. It's Eric. He's okay, so we'll start there. A good place to start I think. It's just that he's been experiencing some bad symptoms, lots of pain to be exact, since his thyroid was removed a few weeks ago. Things got much worse two days ago and to protect their privacy as much as possible all I'm going to say is that some really scary stuff happened for both he and Christie and the Pecor seniors who happen to be staying in an RV just a few feet away. The other morning, when I was unaware that all this horrifying crap went down, I called Eric to see how he was feeling because he wasn't doing so great the day before. I heard something off in his voice. Something in me told me to worry. Not my OCD but the other thing. It was the same thing that tells you your kid is in imminent danger before you hear him or her cry in pain. I'm not claiming to be clairvoyant although that would be cool but I do know I couldn't stop thinking about him after talking to him on the phone the day before. Anyway, as it turned out the morning I called him, some serious scary shit ensued and he and Christie were in the hospital getting him checked out. So my inclination to worry was right on.




















Again, he is okay now and the doctors are still doing testing but this doesn't make his pain go away. And for some reason he is all I can think about because when someone you've known all your life and have loved as much as your own beating heart is hurting that much it's all you can do to go on washing dishes, folding laundry, or answering question after million question from a toddler who knows his mommy is not focused solely on him. I understand Eric's pain is probably a direct result of the dosage of thyroid medication he is on right now. The doctors probably need to tweak it a few hundred times before they find the correct recipe that will make him more comfortable. Right now, however, he sits in his house wondering what the hell just happened to his completely healthy and robust body. What kind of horrible Boogyman snuck in his room at night and stole his youth and his ability to leap tall buildings on a pogo stick?

I won't even go into detail about how unfair this is or how much can a person (and a wife) go through before hulking out because that is seriously another seventeen pages long. This one is short and to the point. The point being if you know anything about thyroid cancer, medication, symptoms of all, please email me or comment on this post. My personal email is enpecor@aol.com Thank you in advance for anything you might have to say. Maybe just maybe I can collect a few informative tidbits for Eric so he has some arsenal to bring with him to the next doctor's visit. Or at the very least some ammunition to point at that effing Boogyman who seriously needs a good asswhooping if you ask me.

4 comments:

Julie Ritz said...

So sorry to hear things are going so great. Cancer really does suck! You and your family are in my thoughts. Stay strong.

OSMA said...

Thank you, Julie. Eric's pain is about the same but hopefully the docs will figure things out without having him stay on pain meds his entire life. Cancer absolutely sucks- no two ways about it.

The Palmer Family said...

My heart is breaking knowing Eric is in pain and the toll that's taking on Christie and the whole Pecor family. I'll be storming heaven with prayers that this will pass soon. Every memory I have of Eric is so fond. He has always been so kind, friendly and good-hearted. I LOVE the pictures of the two of you. What a wonderful blast from the past. He's so lucky to have such a great "Sissy", as you are lucky to have him. I hope he starts feeling better asap.

On a lighter note, we got back from Hilton Head on Sunday. We'd love to see you guys sometime soon. We can plan a fun adventure to take your mind off things.

Kathleen

OSMA said...

Kathleen- thank you so much for your very kind words about eric. your storming heaven must've worked because he tells me he's feeling better with each passing day. and that's without the pain meds! hopefully, after his treatment is completed, he'll get it all figured out and this can be a distant memory.

on that other happy note, YES let's set something up soon! andy's back at work next week so it'll be me and the kiddos.