Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost

Sometimes I am my own proof that nothing is perfect. On a day when everything could have been and already was going so smoothly...

(ie: Grayson playing nicely with new friend while not making satanic growling noises from the depths of his soul (although there was this for a good portion of the day)













new friend sits down with Abbaganoosh to chat:














old friends (the mommies) get to visit
dog isn't trying to alpha new visitors' leg
husband is still presently on leave and being Father of the Century by building forts, making play-dough everythings, and ordering pizza when the one I tried to serve tasted like stale bagel seasoned with basil, nasty, and mulch (and not the deep delicious dark brown kind either).

...I realized at the end of it? I had my shirt on inside out. All day long. With the tags and seams showing.

Not a huge deal considering I never left the house but still. Really? Can't even put my shirt on? I'm afraid to see what will happen on a bad day, when the stars aren't aligned as they were today. I'll be the girl strolling along at the park with toddler, baby, dog, and toilet paper streamer snaking hundreds of feet back to the house from which it came. Yep, that's what's next ya'll.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this Nammy went clothes shopping w/kids in tow, put own shirt on inside out in dressing room and proceded to go everywhere as such! It happens! (Only mine had inside-out embroidery on the front, with little threads dangling everywhere). and I thought those smiling people were just being friendly (or admiring my kids!). :)

Tracy G said...

I'm sorry, but I'm having a laugh at your expense!!!!!
If your friend, nor your hubby informed you, there's a good chance they didn't notice. If they noticed and didn't tell you...shame shame! LOL!!!
It happens to the best of us!

OSMA said...

Nammy- thank you for sharing and making me feel less disheveled. and i would guess those people really were admiring your kids.

T- you're right in that nobody but me noticed the shirt faux pas. got lucky this time.