Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Key to Unlock my Brain is Lost

Last night my husband needed a lift some place down the street. So, we loaded up the kids, the dog, the vacuum cleaner extension that also doubles as Grayson's light saber at times and we were redtogo! Except I couldn't find my keys.

"Check the kitchen."
"Just did."
"Check the upstairs."
"Uh-Uh, not there either."
"What jacket did you wear today?"
"All very good suggestions but I've checked all those already."

Abby who is immobilized by her car seat sounds off with the kind of medieval cry that only get worse before better so we agree to just go with the extra set of keys for now. Since my vehicle is in the driveway, I'm trusting the keys I used to get it there cannot be very far.

*If I only knew how close*

As we're driving, I'm completely preoccupied with where my keys could be. There is not a trace of mental imaging I can scare up in my foggy memory to figure out where they may have wound up. Maybe Abby walked away with them when we picnicked in the front yard? Maybe they are are the sunroom? Maybe I left them in the change bin on the....




shhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkchakung!!!!






"What was dat, Mommy?"

My husband and I trade screwed up faces and stare at the ceiling of the minivan.

"I think I remember where I left my keys, Honey."
"Where Mommy?"
"On top of the van."

4 comments:

pajama mom said...

lol!

i have done this with my coffee, way too many times to count. ceramic mugs (don't ask) make more of a ka-ka-ka-chunk sound, and are a bit messier.

glad you found them!

Cristie Ritz King, M. Ed said...

I was so waiting for them to be in the ignition-top of car was much better.
PJM-aluminum water bottles also make fun ca-ching sounds. Also, they are so expensive, one might actually turn car around and jump out at busy intersection to rescue from certain gutter destruction. One might actually be sipping out of banged-up said water bottle right now.
Sshh.
Feel better OSM?

OSMA said...

pj and crik - you want to know the funny part? i DO remember removing my coffee from the roof of the van b/c i didn't want to forget it up there. never once again thought about the keys.

a mother's priorities. :)

OSMA said...

and thank you @rtfgvb!