Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Good Hour

Ahhh. This is a rare moment in time when one girl baby is napping and one boy child is out playing in the snow with his daddy. Even the canine is otherwise engaged in a snowball fight so I have nobody to corral, guide, or clean. It feels good. So good. I'm trying to embrace this sweet chunk of life and breathe. They say the Bigger Snow is rounding the corner so I'm sure this house will be alive with chaos and noise in short order but for now I listen to the nothing, recharge and daydream of farms,
















big sky,














and great food.















You can take the stress out of the mom but you can never make her leave her kitchen.


P.S. That mouthwatering lovely above is Chicken Parm from Pioneer Woman's site. It's what's for dinner tonight. I will shovel more snow in atonement tomorrow.

4 comments:

OSMA said...

see pj, i'm a good listener. :)

pajama mom said...

dude, it is SO good.

palmer_sean@yahoo.com said...

Looks so good. I love Pioneer Woman. I got lost in her blog about a year ago. I haven't finished up "her story" yet, but it was fascinating. I've been meaning to try some of her bread recipes. They all look so good and there's nothing like good warm bread on a cold day. I'll have to get back on her web site and get inspired. Looks like she has great photography tutorials too.

Enjoy your chicken parm! I made some Saturday evening, in the dark with no power! Fortunately we have a gas stove and lots of candles. It was great.

Love,
Me (on Sean's laptop watching the kiddies play and the latest round of snow just starting to fall!)

OSMA said...

pj - it delivered. i was sous chef, however. can't keep the husband out of the kitchen! good problems to have.

kataleena - i haven't finished the pioneer woman's story yet either. sounds scrumptious though so will grab a glass of wine one night and enjoy. how long were you guys out of power? we were SO lucky this go round without one hiccup. believe me, we had a stockpile of wood on the ready.