Friday, June 17, 2011

Jeffy

For the last two weeks I've felt the synapses in my brain responsible for multi-tasking have been on holiday. They have been called upon a lot recently and no response, straight to voicemail. This was very worrisome (super irritating) until I came across a paragraph or two about "nerves shedding their old skin" in the effort to leave behind an useless paradigm of thinking that is no longer effective for the person who could once cook dinner while bathing the dog AND planting petunias without batting an eye. I'm a mom, it's what we do. Now? I cannot fold socks and talk on the phone simultaneously to save my soul. No joke, you guys, I can't even boil water on the stove and apply lip balm, something would melt or I would wind up moisturizing my cornea.

Basically, my brainwaves are having a mid-life crisis. They have realized it's time to implement a new process because the old way is no longer bringing fulfillment to the entire team. Reinvention time, inspired by my own chemical makeup. Reassuring because I'm not sure I could go platinum blonde and work out sixteen hours a day like Madonna did...does?

So yes, it's a tad disconcerting to have your mind renovate without your permission but I figure it will upgrade tastefully. I'll think of my brain as Jeff Lewis and I just need to trust Jeffy because the end result will be brilliant, sleek, and more than I even knew I wanted....or needed.

No comments: