Friday, June 26, 2009

Reindeer Games

This is a picture of what we do before 9am. G, Lillabeth, and Mommy spend a little quality time "playing" in my room just for a change of scenery. Desperate, right?

Is it me or is it really hard to figure out what the hell to do for 16 hours (we have early risers) every day of the week? I'm trying to remember to "enjoy the moments" and "take each day as they come"and for a large majority of the time I really do but they just keep coming and my day planning isn't improving at the rapid rate I would expect. I swear to you that by the time 4:00 has hit I'm ready to collapse in a quivering mass of spent energy wherever I am and stay there until either Andy gets home (by 6:30 or 7:00) or Marni stops over to say Hi.

4:00pm and blam, to the floor I go.
6:30pm someone walks in...

Me: Hey, what's up?
Andy (or Marni): What are you doing on the floor?

Me: I'm done for today.
Andy (or Marni): Where are the children?














Me: Not sure. They both were
watching a Hell's Kitchen marathon in the living room a few hours ago.
Andy (or Marni): Oh. whe
re's Sadie?
Me: She's been hiding in the bathtub since May.
Andy (or Marni): Are you going to get up
?
Me: Umm, nope. I'm good here.
Andy: Wow, you really should think about going back to working outside the home, Erin.
Marni would just ask me to move over so she could lay down next to me. Then we'd take a few minutes to chat about who got kicked off of last night's show and why they deserved it or didn't.

But alas, 4:00 will come along again today and I'll force myself to be above dropping to the floor in a selfish pile of weakness. I will
stand up tall, put on the plastic fireman hat and have a Nerf sword fight with G while Lillabeth jams out in the safari jumperoo. We will overcome.



















Oh, before you
walk away thinking we never leave the house. We totally leave the house. Quite often actually. Today we went to Freddy Hill Farm in fact and spent 32 entire minutes outdoors. I know, I'm getting way ahead of myself. I may even try for 41 minutes tomorrow if I'm feeling outlaw.

4 comments:

Tracy G said...

Oh, that farm looks so nice! I especially love the little miniature horses...did you post that picture for me...??? :-)
And by the way, I feel like laying on the floor at work around that time too and I haven't been entertaining/chasing little peanuts around all day. lol!

OSMA said...

Freddy Hill Farm is nice, Trac, wish I took you here when you visited. And yes, I did think you would like the picture so I this one for you, my devoted bloggee.

I vote for an "Adult Nap" (like the adult swim at the pool) starting at 4:00 M-F. Would be sooo nice.

OSMA said...

did you read between the lines, "I POSTED this one for you" is what I meant to type. ugh. maybe i should institute an earlier adult nap perhaps?

The Palmer Family said...

You're so funny. I'm the same way. By the time they get up from their naps I'm ready to have mine. I wish I could just put them down for bed after they get up from their naps.