Friday, September 12, 2008

Word Play for Tracy

September 12, 2008
Today

a rainy day between summer and fall

falling short of summering at all

chalk on the driveway

crumbs on the floor

why doesn't the maid pick up anymore?

baby's running out of space at

-L'Hotel Economie.

was there ever a time for

Victoria's Secrecy?



toddler's sleeping now

for an hour or four

mom's baking brownies -

what calorie war?


Husband's attending

a "Hail and Farewell"

wife's attending

a potty training

(not going so well).


rainbow scrawlings on the table,

juice droppings galore,

polka dotting our carpets, our walls,

and our floor.

Today is a day inside, not out

I'd give nothing to change it

although I may shout,

(cry, bargain, beg, hide far away)

This is our living,

This is today.

2 comments:

Tracy G said...

Aw, a special "word play" just for me!!! :-) Thanks E! You're so imaginative!
Check out my cousins blog http://www.marshallmurphy.blogspot.com/, she's the one who lost her son Marshall while I was living at P-ville with you guys. On her latest post, she asked everyone who "stalks" her blog to leave a comment...you should see how many people have just happened upon her page and kept reading...she has people reading from all over the world!!! I think you'd enjoy her writing, it's very similar to yours. Check it out when you have time.
Love you,
Tracy

Tracy G said...

Hey lady,

The pictures look great!
I wanted to thank you for viewing my cousin's blog! I think you'll find it amusing, and just like with yours, I'm on everyday waiting for updates.
Love you,
ME