Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shopping Issues

For those of you who are shoppers, more power to you. Seriously, I've always envied people who can spend lots of time and lots of money on their appearance or their home's appearance but I've never been one of them. Shopping to me is like walking around a carnival without any real desire to ride the rides. All fun to look at but you don't really know what you're doing there after a few minutes.

I have been, however, a Target fanatic through and through b/c it is a "one stop" shopping mecca. You'e in and out in less than an hour and have plenty of time to play at the park or stop off at Quizno's (there will be forever more, until Dec. at least, a food theme here on this blog-be forewarned.) Perhaps this is what they mean by the "nesting instinct" but lately I've stayed awake too late at night w/the need and desire to find the perfect whatever. Granted, we have under three months to get ready for our next little minion to arrive but that's a sorry excuse for the number of times I've been in the stores or online looking and obsessing over material goods for this little baby number two. Today I went to Gymboree and spent 45 minutes picking out at least 20 little outfits with matching beanies, blankets, and socks. Matching beanies and blankets? This coming from a woman who can't tell you what goes with off-white. Ah well, there are worse things...at least all these items were 50% off and now baby Shriver won't freeze in mid-December.

4 comments:

Tracy G said...

You're so funny!!!! A women after my own heart! I'm not a big shopper unless I have lots of someone else's $$!!!!! :-) Otherwise, I have a very hard time parting with my money. However, shopping for the kids is another story! They have the best wardrobes. Brian & I look like ragamuffins when we go anywhere with them in tow!!! It's a curse!
I'm off to Maine for a long weekend with my honey. I'll catch up with you Monday! xoxo

OSMA said...

oooooh, this could be THE weekend. keep me posted. :)

The Palmer Family said...

Don't get me started on Gymboree! It's my Achilles heel. They keep sucking my in with their Gymbucks and sales. My kids have way too many clothes.

OSMA said...

Hi Kathleen! Always nice to read from you and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one w/this Gymboree weakness. And what are Gymbucks? Nevermind, it's probably better that I don't know. :)