Once, when I was playing with a group of professionals who shall remain nameless, I took a swig when someone said they "Never Dated Their Professor."
All eyeballs on me.
Nobody made a move toward their drink. Nobody made a move, period.
Uh. Oh. Sh*t just got real.
Then the giggles started. An entire year's worth of giggles started in my throat, then around the room until someone hollered, "It's always the quiet ones!"
(Which is so true. It is always the quiet ones.)
So, in honor of my dwindling youth and playful spirit....shall we?
I will start, you can add on in comments or just in your head for fun. FYI: I so love your comments and fully appreciate the hoops of keyboard hell you must jump through to leave them. I love to learn more about people stopping in here so thank you for your diligence.
Some of these "Nevers" might surprise you. Some might make you wonder if we went to high school together, and some may leave you feeling that perhaps we really don't know each other so well after all....or maybe we do.
- left AOL
- quit a promising teaching career to work as a veterinarian's assistant for $13.50 an hour, no benefits
- spent the night in a park, underneath the monkey bars
- was told my doppleganger was Roseanne Barr while sitting in a sauna
- made out with a perfect stranger in a strange land (Not guy in sauna.)
- snuck out my window just to drive a car around the neighborhood (A car my then boyfriend stole from his mom. She caught on very quickly.)
- fell in love at first sight
- was infatuated with Richard Marx
- was a doormat
- dated an alcoholic
- hung up my clothes before college
- dropped out of veterinary medicine and lived to regret it
- performed with a band in rat-hole DC bars in my 20s
- had a long distance love affair, then married him
- got caught in Riptide and almost didn't make it out
- ate cow tongue on accident but liked it
- slept with a butcher knife under my pillow when my husband was deployed
- can remember if it's "viligence" or "vigilence"
- taught my kids how to throw a solid punch thinking I was a cool mom. Then realized I was a dumb mom when they clocked me in the nose years later.
- slept in a mansion right across the street from Quincy Jones in Beverly Hills, CA for three nights, one of which occurred a 7.5 earthquake
- ran the USMC marathon really really s-l-o-w-l-y
- flew to England alone when I was 12
- drove a diesel truck (with entrance only through passenger side) door to work for 6 months
- get lost in my own town on a regular basis
- want to redo my wedding ceremony, sans monsoon
- get jealous of other people's pictures in their blogs (KelleHampton, KelleHampton, KelleHampton)
- thought being a mom was for me
- Google: How to Nap While Parenting
- had a serious crush on Duck Dynasty's cast, namely Mr. Phil
- knew life would slow down if I did
I promise to take a swig of my tea right along with you if we share skeletons in our Neverland closets
P.S. Anyone really interested in more Disney pics? I will be happy to post more but I'm kind of thinking just my mom is interested. No hard feelings. How many jpgs of unfettered Disney gluttony should one blog harbor? I'm willing to move on if you are.