Friday, January 13, 2012

Another Mouth to Feed

So we've entered some uncharted territory here at our house.

Grayson has an imaginary friend.

His name (today) is SignaMaForce and from what I can glean from  conversation(s) SignaMaForce has the ability to fly, eats anything, and can shoot some sort of power lasers from his incredibly deft (maybe multiple?) arms.

Yesterday I heard Grayson chatting with someone in his room.  I thought he was talking with Abby until I realized he wasn't. He was carrying on with someone who...umm....hello?.....was not there?

Uh oh.

I won't pretend I didn't look around the room for poltergeist or maybe Boompa in her little tan running suit.

Granted, all the studies (you know, the studies I've never read) say it's healthy for a young child to develop an imaginary friend.  It's just that I'm not really sure what to do with all of that.  Do I talk to him?  Do I try to figure out where his eyes are to make eye contact? Do I shop for new bed linens in case he is mortal enemies with Spiderman?

Today, however, is a new day and I kind of like the guy and hope he joins us for dinner.  Grayson says he likes broccoli.



In this video I had to put SignaMaForce in a time out for scaring Abby. After some minutes hugging my leg, Abby decided to bribe this fearsome new interloper with Graham crackers and dried cranberries. In this case, Mama taught her well. To woo any man, imaginary or not, you must first appeal to his stomach.

No comments: