Monday, October 3, 2011

Brain Dumping

I get chills when people older and more experienced say children grow up too fast. They all say it with that same somber melencholic tone and lifeless stare. It must really reallllly get quiet when it's all over. I will have so many cats it's not even funny.

*************************

Speaking of four legged babies, our calm and serenity is home. Dear Pop drove Sadie back home to us this afternoon. I received two bite kisses as she thunked past me to bowl Abby over with her love. I could not have missed her more. She is sleeping hard now, probably dreaming of her Wendy's hamburger (thanks, Nam!) and her swim for sticks in Jacobsburg Creek.

**************************

My husband and I don't have the kind of love story they write novels about but it doesn't matter when I see he has set out two mugs whenever brewing up a new pot of coffee: his travel mug and my favorite ceramic Sprout mug with flower pot glaze.

**************************

My dad drove over five hours to visit us for a total of maybe two. This both confuses and elates me.

**************************

I'm one of the FB whiners who misses the old status update setup. Walking by a newspaper stand a few days ago I read how there was "FB Fury" rampant among its users and while I totally get it, I have to laugh at what upsets us so deeply it makes the headlines.

**************************

The fall makes me so nostalgic that even my dreams are filled with memories of my childhood. Last night I visited with my old friends and (late) grandparents and even an old love interest who STILL doesn't give me the time of day even in my own damn dreams. I wake up from these visits feeling soft, loved, and like my old self. This must be what heaven feels like. Thank you, subconscious and October, I've been waiting a long time for you to get here and I hope you can stay a very long while.


**************************

I love that when I called my brother, Eric, today, we spent the first five minutes impersonating my grandfather.

**************************

No comments: