Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Negotiations

There are some serious negotiations going on in this house at night. Grayson was lobbying hard to stay up past his bedtime. As if he actually has one. I was strong like bull (more like hamster. made from air.) and wouldn't cave. After saying no to an extra hour of reading bedtime stories and/or talking about what we're going to do, eat, wear, play with, think or feel tomorrow he pulled out the heavy ammo.

"Mom? (Yeah, it's Mom now. He gets a haircut and not only looks 13 but is now acting 13?) Is this gooder? How about this idea. How about a few more minutes I can stay up and look at pictures on your comp you-ter because a few is almost none."

Well I'll be darned, that little nightowl punk really thought this through; a few is actually almost none. I cannot disagree with his logic.

Needless to say we surfed my comp you-ter for the next few until the few turned into less and then, as predicted, finally none.

Tonight I'm opting for the extra hour of bedtime stories to avoid the lecture on reverse mortgages and the further retention of jobs in this time of recession and financial crisis. My tiny brain can't take all that thinking that late at night. Now, where is my binky?

No comments: