Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Finally!!





Opposites attract which is why Andy and I found each other. I'm an independent, he's a republican. I'm an oversized playground, he's a quiet formal dining room. I'm an animal freak, he's an avid hunter. You get the idea. Well, finding out the sex of our baby was no different. We had differing opinions on wanting to find out. I did and he didn't. It's been a crazy time since then, trying to keep this secret from him. You can imagine living with someone- sharing a couch, a pint of Ben & Jerry's, a conversation and trying to pick names, nursery colors, or even watching the baby move in my belly and NOT mentioning "he" or "she." There were plenty of times when it almost slipped and I thought I let the cat out of the bag but evidently he was still in the dark up until last night.


Last night Andy found out through an innocent comment of a very dear friend (who shall remain nameless to protect her from scrutiny). It was the biggest relief of my lifetime and I couldn't have been more tickled that he found out in an accidental way and now we can talk about it.


He's still in shock, I can tell, and really believed (as I did before the last ultrasound) that we could only make boy babies. I tell him there's room for mistake and we should still have boy names as back up but really I'm sure the Dr.s aren't off the mark on this one. This little baby is such a girl already in utero it's ridiculous. I eat ice cream, she kicks like crazy. I turn the music up, she dances a jig in my belly. I take a trip to the store and she urges me to buy pinks and purples. Okay, so maybe the last one is a stretch but the rest is true and now I get to share my girl hopes, joys, and fears with my husband who is now part of the "I KNOW!" club whether he likes it or not. My guess is that he likes it ;)

3 comments:

Tracy G said...

Mama, you are so friggin' cute!!!!! I LOVE this post! The picture is fantastic and the context is hysterical! I'm so glad you can finally share your joy with Andy over your baby girls arrival! You truly are opposites, I can attest to that, but it just works!!! Love you guys! Yeah! Happy happy for you!!!

Tracy G said...

Uh-oh! I just check your myspace and it said you're off to Bouncetown today for G's birthday. Hopefully this time it isn't a "scary" experience for either of you!!!! Hope you guys have a great day!
xoxo
Me :-) <3

OSMA said...

Hi T,

Nope, we never made it to B'town. I asked G what he wanted to do for his real b-day and he said, "Grayson want park slide," so we walked across the street and played on the slide. Simple pleasures, you gotta love being two! Hope you have a great weekend amiga. XOXO, me