Thursday, May 21, 2009

MommyDumb


Sometimes I insert foot...

Exhibit A-
Grayson: You're not my best friend any more.

Me: Oh no, then who is?

Grayson: Daddy and Abby and not Sadie

Me: Well then Not-Sadie and I will have to pack our belongings, grab a Gatoraid and join the ranks of the Survivor cast on TV.

Grayson: And TV. He's my best friend too.





Exhibit B-
Husband: We do alright, we just need to eat smaller portions and more vegetables.

Me: I'm not fat now because I overeat. I'm fat because I had a baby and I overate then.



Exhibit C-

Grayson: Do you want to play with me?

Me: Yes I do but let me do these dishes, feed Sadie, and pick up the living room first.

Grayson: So you don't want to play with me.



Message Received: Work can wait.







Exhibit D-

Me: Oh Abigail, what is the problem child? I've tried the Exersaucer, the jumper, outside, inside, your play gym, your favorite beach towel. Why are you fussing so? What is it that you need?

Abigail: wears a big wide juicy grin the second I lift her into my arms.


I get it, I'm sorry, sometimes I suck.

3 comments:

Tracy G said...

Oh Honey, you hardly suck!!!!!!!!! You're a wonderful mother!!! Your reflections are so candid, not to mention HUMAN!!!! I've done so many of the things listed...after a long exhausting day, how can you not!
As always, I love your post!!!! I especially love the one regarding being G's friend...that's cute stuff!!!

Monica said...

I found Grayson's part incredibly funny for some reason. I guess that a little one his age would say those things and because it really reminds me of But Not the Hippopotamus. Kids are great and yours make me giggle. I love it.

www.thetravelingcircus.com said...

TV is my best friend too. Is that bad?:)