Thursday, March 12, 2009

Two Point Five


Yesterday Grayson and I were hanging outside and enjoying some quality sunshine with each other. Inside, Nonie was cooing over baby Abby who she now affectionately calls, Sassy. Let's just say our once colic-ridden girl has found her "well" voice and doesn't mind who hears it. So while the girls were chatting indoors, Grayson and I bundled up and went out to the backyard to play. I had a cup of my home brew and he had his shovel. After really working hard at digging up a sacrificial landscaped pile of mulch for about five minutes he looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said, "Mommy, Daddy is not at home. He is at work and not looking for spiders or poop." With that perfectly out there, the absolute ONLY thing that could come as a response from me was, "No honey, Daddy is not at home. He is at work and not looking for spiders or poop. Poor unlucky him." Oh how I love the two year old mind: one part magic to two parts grody.

1 comment:

Tracy G said...

Ah...the love of scooping poop!!! Grayson has a very promising future it poo removal!!! And no joke, those people make a ton of money! Give the little stinker a hug and kiss for me! And of course, please give "sassy" some lovin too!
Miss you guys!