Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oceans

While they are napping, I watch the ocean arch its angry backs until they calm evenly as one flat spot in the sand.

While they are napping, I check in on friends tucked close as they zigzag through an abyss of private sadness.

While they are napping, I feel the pit in my stomach growl.

While they are napping, I miss my husband even though we are in the same building.

While they are napping, I wonder how many more days I will get to keep my children so buoyant in their own imaginations..

While they are napping, I pray they learn not to let their fears keep them ashore.

While they are napping, I stare at this churning ferocious sea and feel proud of the moon for drawing it back to the salty depths from which it came, every single time.

No comments: